Sr. Felipe enjoying a good puff now upstairs

This blog is about my favourite leisure activities and some thoughts in general.

Please also see my webpage www.frankensteinsblood.com

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Deutsches Derby 2015 In Hamburg

Time to get dressed with a tuxedo and a topper and go to the racecourse next Sunday. I usually don't pay much attention to German racing with this contest the exception. Karpino has been the long time fav and i was really keen on seeing him running, but he was withdrawn last Monday due to an alleged injury by his trainer A. Wöhler and it seems to me, nobody burns more anti-post money than him. The rest of the lot frequently raced against each other and clearly on top of the hierachy comes SHIMRANO ( GER ). This son of the mighty Monsun has won the most important trial race, should stay the distance and has the best draw, so really looks the part. I also like , that he is steered by flying Dutchman Adrie de Vries and not some British import jockey, who never cut it around here. Do odds of 2.70 quicken my pulse ? Certainly not, but there we go.***UP

No comments:

Post a Comment