Sr. Felipe enjoying a good puff now upstairs

This blog is about my favourite leisure activities and some thoughts in general.

Please also see my webpage www.frankensteinsblood.com

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Grand National 2018 In Aintree

Two weeks ago the Irish equivalent took place and among 30 runners my three
selections finnished first, second and fourth at double figure odds. So i made a
killing though what sounds like a remarkable feat only required ten minutes of
stats inspection. The race is run over a grueling distance only a few horses can cope
with and add to that the bottomless ground the number of lively contenders is red-
uced even further.

I applied the same method to this race which will not be run on the usual good
spring turf, but will be on the softish side. I picked three jollies, who meet my
requirements and also have workable handicap marks as well as two top jocks on
board and a very talented girl making her race debut, i guess.

They are ...            Vieux Lion Rouge (FR) @ 29  (foto)

                              Raz De Maree (FR) @ 29

                              Milansbar (IRE) @ 29

I put them in singles, reverse forecasts and tricasts. I must admit, while most sporting
events after many years of watching them bore the heck out of me, this race still gets
my pulse going since it is hugely exciting. For five years now there are no fatalities
thanks to the obstacles not that demanding any more and classier animals. Lets hope
it stays that way and everyone involved makes it healthy back home.

*** The race turned out to be the expected war on attrition with only 12 of 38 runners
       crossing the line. My selections didn't find another gear at the business end,
       though ran gallantly in defeat finnishing 5th, 8th and 9th.




No comments:

Post a Comment